Job Vacancy – Mechanical Engineer
Alchemie is a fast-growing, ambitious company delivering unique clean-tech products to the textile industry and we are looking to recruit a skilled Mechanical Engineer into our rapidly growing team based in Cambridge.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary engineering team, working along-side control, mechatronics, electronics, and software engineers in delivering precision technology that seeks to revolutionize the textiles dyeing and finishing industry. As a mechanical engineer - you will support the development and execution of new machine designs and systems, working in a supportive and largely self-directed project based environment, with the expectation of seeing projects through from conception to delivery. The multidisciplinary nature of the engineering team will suit an engineer with a broad skill set who is keen to develop other engineering disciplines.
At Alchemie, our vision is a world with zero pollution from textile dyeing and finishing, delivered through the implementation of our breakthrough digital technologies.
The textile industry is the world’s 2nd largest contributor to water pollution and accounts for 10% of the world’s carbon dioxide emissions.
We seek candidates who can help us to deliver the full potential of our clean-tech textile manufacturing systems and have the desire to solve one of the most important environmental issues on the planet today.
We are looking for the following technical skills, experience and capabilities:
- Manage and deliver engineering design projects within the engineering team
- Support textiles machine design, from concept to production
- Provide engineering support for process development projects and prototyping
- Produce manufacturing and assembly drawings for external suppliers and inhouse manufacturing
- Proactive problem solving across a broad range of disciplines
2(i) honours degree from a recognised university
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated ability to manage delivery of engineering projects
- Experience of detailed design for subtractive process and design for fabrication
- Experience with large assemblies in Solidworks, and knowledge of best practices for model management. PDM experience desirable
- Industrial machine design experience desirable
We offer a competitive salary (£40K - £50K pa) and profit bonus including a benefits package of 25 days' annual leave, medical insurance and pension fund contributions.
Please send your application including a CV and covering letter to Penny Martin email@example.com