Job Vacancy – Process Technician
Alchemie is a fast-growing, ambitious company delivering unique clean-tech products to the textile industry and we are looking to recruit a driven and proactive Process Technician to join our rapidly growing team based in Cambridge.
At Alchemie, our vision is a world with zero pollution from textile dyeing and finishing, delivered through the implementation of our breakthrough digital technologies.
The textile industry is the world’s 2nd largest contributor to water pollution and accounts for 10% of the world’s carbon dioxide emissions.
We seek candidates who can help us to deliver the full potential of our clean-tech textile manufacturing systems and have the desire to solve one of the most important environmental issues on the planet today.
We are looking for the following technical skills, experience and capabilities:
- Previous experience in process operation (preferred)
- Keep equipment in good working order by performing regular inspections, cleaning and servicing along with routine and preventative maintenance
- Follow strict internal protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) - maintaining accurate and clear documentation
- Team player – ability to work as part of a team to achieve targets
- Ability to troubleshoot problems
- Good communication skills
- Alert problem-solver – must be able to quickly identify when the process is deviating from the norm
- Calm under pressure – must be able to confidently address problems if they arise, take appropriate action and involve others when needed
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe production area
- Working in a fast paced environment
- Working with chemicals
- Attention to detail is paramount
We are looking for people who are:
- Smart-thinking individuals who inspire and create positive change
- Team players who are able to build strong working relationships across disciplines and with both internal and external stakeholders
- Innovators - going beyond conventional boundaries
- Practical and able to make the most of current technologies
- Committed and have the belief to deliver against high expectations
- People who go beyond the norm and have the desire to change the world
Skills and experience:
- 2+ years experience in manufacturing or product development
- Industries: textiles, chemicals, paper/packaging, electronics
We offer a competitive salary and profit bonus including a benefits package of 25 days annual leave, medical insurance and pension fund contributions.
Please send your application including a CV and covering letter to Penny Martin