Job Vacancy – Materials & Purchasing Assistant
Alchemie is a fast-growing, ambitious company delivering unique clean-tech products to the textile industry and we are looking to recruit a driven and proactive Materials & Purchasing Assistant to join our rapidly growing team based in Cambridge.
At Alchemie, our vision is a world with zero pollution from textile dyeing and finishing, delivered through the implementation of our breakthrough digital technologies.
The textile industry is the world’s 2nd largest contributor to water pollution and accounts for 10% of the world’s carbon dioxide emissions.
We seek candidates who can help us to deliver the full potential of our clean-tech textile manufacturing systems and have the desire to solve one of the most important environmental issues on the planet today.
We are looking for the following technical skills, experience and capabilities:
- Experience gained in a capital equipment manufacturer
- ERP and Kanban experience
- Experience of purchasing both manufactured and COTS parts
- Generation of RFQ’s from BOM’s and placement of PO's using an ERP system
- Demonstrable ability to negotiate with suppliers and reduce cost
- Experience in goods receiving
- Experience in goods dispatch
- Cycle counting and stock amendment
- Picking of kits
We are looking for people who are:
- Smart-thinking individuals who inspire and create positive change
- Team players who are able to build strong working relationships across disciplines and with both internal and external stakeholders
- Innovators - going beyond conventional boundaries
- Practical and able to make the most of current technologies
- Committed and have the belief to deliver against high expectations
- People who go beyond the norm and have the desire to change the world
Skills and experience:
- 2+ years experience in a buying and stock control environment
- Industries: textiles, chemicals, paper/packaging, electronics
We offer a competitive salary and profit bonus including a benefits package of 25 holiday days, medical insurance and pension fund contributions.
Please send your application including a CV and covering letter to Penny Martin