Job Vacancy – Assembly Technician
Alchemie is a fast-growing, ambitious company delivering unique clean-tech products to the textile industry and we are looking to recruit a driven and proactive Assembly Technician to join our rapidly growing team based in Cambridge.
At Alchemie, our vision is a world with zero pollution from textile dyeing and finishing, delivered through the implementation of our breakthrough digital technologies.
The textile industry is the world’s 2nd largest contributor to water pollution and accounts for 10% of the world’s carbon dioxide emissions.
We seek candidates who can help us to deliver the full potential of our clean-tech textile manufacturing systems and have the desire to solve one of the most important environmental issues on the planet today.
We are looking for the following technical skills, experience and capabilities:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to produce accurate components in a laboratory type setting
- The main task will be repetitive production of one type of component
- Skills required are manual dexterity, patience and good sight to deal with small parts
- Assisting the existing skilled production technician who is tasked with producing an increasing quantity of parts with more processes
- Processes are: liquid cleaning, ultrasonic cleaning, oven drying, placement, use of jigs, timing of process, regular liquid changes, cleanliness
- Ability to follow set procedures
- Safe handling of substances subject to chemical safety procedures
We are looking for people who are:
- Smart-thinking individuals who inspire and create positive change
- Team players who are able to build strong working relationships across disciplines and with both internal and external stakeholders
- Innovators - going beyond conventional boundaries
- Practical and able to make the most of current technologies
- Committed and have the belief to deliver against high expectations
- People who go beyond the norm and have the desire to change the world
Skills and experience:
- 2+ years laboratory experience in manufacturing or product development
- Industries: textiles, chemicals, paper/packaging, electronics
We offer a competitive salary and profit bonus including a benefits package of 25 days annual leave, medical insurance and pension fund contributions.
Please send your application including a CV and covering letter to Penny Martin