Job Vacancy – Warehouse Operative (Stores)
Alchemie is a fast-growing, ambitious company delivering unique clean-tech products to the textile industry and we are looking to recruit an experienced and proactive Warehouse Operative to join our rapidly growing team based in Cambridge.
At Alchemie, our vision is a world with zero pollution from textile dyeing and finishing, delivered through the implementation of our breakthrough digital technologies.
The textile industry is the world’s 2nd largest contributor to water pollution and accounts for 10% of the world’s carbon dioxide emissions.
We seek candidates who can help us to deliver the full potential of our clean-tech textile manufacturing systems and have the desire to solve one of the most important environmental issues on the planet today.
We are looking for people who are:
- Smart-thinking individuals who inspire and create positive change
- Team players who are able to build strong working relationships across disciplines and with both internal and external stakeholders
- Innovators - going beyond conventional boundaries
- Committed and have the belief to deliver against high expectations
- People who go beyond the norm and have the desire to change the world
We are looking for the following skills, experience and capabilities:
- Receive deliveries of goods and supplies
- Assist the Service Manager with raising and sending supplier purchase orders
- Prepare goods paperwork for ship/goods out
- Check for damaged or missing items
- Sign in, count and complete GRN
- Keep paperwork up to date
- Check goods in against delivery notes for accuracy and damages
- Notify the relevant department of delivery
- Note of any short shipments/mis-picks
- Prepare returns and document
- Notify relevant department of any damaged goods received and place in the Quarantine section, awaiting further instruction
- Physical movement of stock from the Goods In area to the warehouse and/or packing and putting away stock onto the shelves
- Maintain goods in and department tidiness/recycle the cardboard
Skills and experience:
- Ability to work to procedures
- Good communicator
- PC literate with good administration skills
- Experience in manual handling and Goods In/Out
- Flexible and trustworthy
We offer a competitive salary and profit bonus including a benefits package of 25 days annual leave, private medical insurance and pension fund contributions.