Job Vacancy – Laboratory Technician
Alchemie is a fast-growing, ambitious company delivering unique clean-tech products to the textile industry and we are looking to recruit a driven and proactive Laboratory Technician to join our rapidly growing team based in Cambridge.
At Alchemie, our vision is a world with zero pollution from textile dyeing and finishing, delivered through the implementation of our breakthrough digital technologies.
The textile industry is the world’s 2nd largest contributor to water pollution and accounts for 10% of the world’s carbon dioxide emissions.
We seek candidates who can help us to deliver the full potential of our clean-tech textile manufacturing systems and have the desire to solve one of the most important environmental issues on the planet today.
We are looking for the following technical skills, experience and capabilities:
- Risk/COSHH assessment and chemistry formulation
- Able to follow documented laboratory procedures and assist in other general laboratory work as required
- Process scale-up to production-scale fabric samples
- Fabric sample performance testing to ISO standards
- Experience of evaluating scientific samples following test procedures and documenting results
- Close attention to detail and wiling to report unusual results
- Good communication skills and able to work on own or as part of team
- Exceptional laboratory working practices
We are looking for people who are:
- Smart-thinking individuals who inspire and create positive change
- Team players who are able to build strong working relationships across disciplines and with both internal and external stakeholders
- Innovators - going beyond conventional boundaries
- Practical and able to make the most of current technologies
- Committed and have the belief to deliver against high expectations
- People who go beyond the norm and have the desire to change the world
Skills and experience:
2+ years laboratory experience in manufacturing or product development
Industries: textiles, chemicals, paper/packaging, electronics
We offer a competitive salary and profit bonus including a benefits package of 25 days annual leave, medical insurance and pension fund contributions.
Please send your application including a CV and covering letter to Penny Martin firstname.lastname@example.org