Job Vacancy – Head of Finance / Director of Finance
Alchemie is a fast-growing, ambitious company delivering unique clean-tech products to the textile industry and we are looking to recruit a highly skilled Head of Finance / Director of Finance into our rapidly growing team based in Cambridge. This role will be responsible for all financial matters and to establish company-wide financial objectives, targets, developing budgets, managing supplier relationships and performing financial analysis, which will ensure the company has a continuously sound financial structure. Capital goods & engineering business knowledge is advantageous with the appetite for growth.
At Alchemie, our vision is a world with zero pollution from textile dyeing and finishing, delivered through the implementation of our breakthrough digital technologies.
The textile industry is the world’s 2nd largest contributor to water pollution and accounts for 10% of the world’s carbon dioxide emissions.
We seek candidates who can help us to deliver the full potential of our clean-tech textile manufacturing systems and have the desire to solve one of the most important environmental issues on the planet today.
We are looking for people who are:
- Smart-thinking individuals who inspire and create positive change
- Team players who are able to build strong working relationships across disciplines and with both internal and external stakeholders
- Innovators - going beyond conventional boundaries
- Committed and have the belief to deliver against high expectations
- People who go beyond the norm and have the desire to change the world
We are looking for the following skills, experience and capabilities:
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Assist the Board in strategic investment projects
- Assist the Board in seeking investors and devising the correct investment strategy
- Seek out methods for minimising a financial risk to the company
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trend
- Review financial data and prepare management monthly accounts and annual reports
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
Preferred qualifications and skill set:
- Degree in accounting, business economics, finance, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in a finance role with capital goods & engineering business knowledge
- To be quick on the uptake with clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- A good understanding of business principles and practices
- Attention to detail is essential with good analytical and critical thinking skills
We offer a competitive salary and profit bonus including a benefits package of 25 days annual leave, private medical insurance and pension fund contributions.
Please send your application including a CV and covering letter to Penny Martin firstname.lastname@example.org