Job Vacancy – Finance Assistant
Alchemie is a fast-growing, ambitious company delivering unique clean-tech products to the textile industry and we are looking to recruit an experienced Finance Assistant to join our rapidly growing team based near Cambridge. A proactive approach, management of own workload and delivering to strict month-end deadlines are key to this role.
The textile industry is the world’s 2nd largest contributor to chemical pollution worldwide and accounts for 25% of the worlds carbon budget by 2050.
We, at Alchemie - strongly believe our clean-tech approach will lead to a world with zero pollution from textile dyeing and finishing.
We seek candidates who can help us communicate the value proposition of our clean-tech systems within the textile industry and have the desire to influence change.
We are looking for people who are:
- Smart-thinking individuals who inspire and create positive change
- Team players who are able to build strong working relationships across disciplines and with both internal and external stakeholders
- Innovators - going beyond conventional boundaries
- Committed and have the belief to deliver against high expectations
- People who go beyond the norm and have the desire to change the world
We are looking for the following technical skills, experience and capabilities:
- Timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices and credit notes
- Maintaining purchase ledger accounts
- Open and update supplier accounts information
- Monthly ledger reconciliations
- Develop relationships with suppliers and budget holders
- Accurate posting of sales ledger receipts
- Bank reconciliations
- Credit Control
- Processing expenses
- Processing of company credit card receipts
- Petty cash reconciliations and posting
- Reviewing systems and processes and making improvements as required
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with annual audit
Skills and experience:
- 5 years experience in a similar financial position
- An understanding of prepayments, accruals and VAT processes
- Strict attention to detail
We offer a competitive salary and profit bonus including a benefits package of 25 days annual leave, private medical insurance and pension fund contributions.
Please send your application including a CV and covering letter to Penny Martin email@example.com