Job Vacancy – Facilities Coordinator
Alchemie is a fast-growing, ambitious company delivering unique clean-tech products to the textile industry and we are looking to recruit a driven and proactive Facilities Coordinator to join our rapidly growing team based in Cambridge. You will carry out skilled DIY and general maintenance work involved in all aspects of our Cambridge facility for both internal and external areas.
At Alchemie, our vision is a world with zero pollution from textile dyeing and finishing, delivered through the implementation of our breakthrough digital technologies.
The textile industry is the world’s 2nd largest contributor to water pollution and accounts for 10% of the world’s carbon dioxide emissions.
We seek candidates who can help us to deliver the full potential of our clean-tech textile manufacturing systems and have the desire to solve one of the most important environmental issues on the planet today.
We are looking for people who are:
- Smart-thinking individuals who inspire and create positive change
- Team players who are able to build strong working relationships across disciplines and with both internal and external stakeholders
- Innovators - going beyond conventional boundaries
- Committed and have the belief to deliver against high expectation
- People who go beyond the norm and have the desire to change the world
We are looking for the following technical skills, experience and capabilities:
The role includes general building DIY, building maintenance and contractor control. You will liaise with your Line Manager and other team members, performing jobs as and when they are required, including:
- Installation inspections, diagnosing faults, testing, replacement, repair and maintenance of building fixtures and fittings
- General carpentry such as hanging doors, new locks, architraves, window frames, boxing in, assembling furniture, easing and adjusting windows, replacing handles and similar hardware
- General tiling – floors and walls
- General painting & decorating
- Basic electrical maintenance
- Day to day care and maintenance of external areas (excluding garden maintenance)
- Identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair; to ensure compliance with agreed codes, law, working practices and health and safety
- Carry out planned tasks in accordance with contract requirements
- Carry out tasks within specified time limits
- Ensure compliance to applicable codes, legislation and procedures including health and safety
- Maintain accurate records/documentation associated with your work
- Imediately report problems/failures that may impact on the organisation and/or its clients/customers to Line Manager
From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
Skills and experience:
- Competent at basic building repairs and maintenance
- Use of small industrial/electrical/mechanical equipment
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures and precautions, including COSHH regulations and an awareness of health and hygiene procedures
- Literacy and Numeracy skills sufficient to check delivery notes, measurements etc
- Able to regularly handle/carry items
We offer a competitive salary and profit bonus including a benefits package of 25 days annual leave, medical insurance and pension fund contributions.
Please send your application including a CV and covering letter to Penny Martin firstname.lastname@example.org