Job Vacancy – Engineering Manager
Alchemie is a fast-growing, ambitious company delivering unique clean-tech products to the textile industry and we are looking to recruit a driven and proactive Engineering Manager to join our rapidly growing team based in Cambridge.
At Alchemie, our vision is a world with zero pollution from textile dyeing and finishing, delivered through the implementation of our breakthrough digital technologies.
The textile industry is the world’s 2nd largest contributor to water pollution and accounts for 10% of the world’s carbon dioxide emissions.
We seek candidates who can help us to deliver the full potential of our clean-tech textile manufacturing systems and have the desire to solve one of the most important environmental issues on the planet today.
We are looking for people who are:
- Smart-thinking individuals who inspire and create positive change
- Team players who are able to build strong working relationships across disciplines and with both internal and external stakeholders
- Innovators - going beyond conventional boundaries
- Committed and have the belief to deliver against high expectations
- People who go beyond the norm and have the desire to change the world
We are looking for the following technical skills, experience and capabilities:
- Designs, implements, and refines product development, testing, and manufacturing processes
- Creates detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff to use and abide by
- Assures that processes meet quality and safety compliance guidelines
- Oversees project logistics and resource allocation
- Strives to improve efficiency and sustainability of processes and product designs
- Conducts various tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects
- Communicates and collaborate with the senior leadership team, other managers, suppliers, and contractors
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years industrial experience in machine product development, manufacturing or product development
- Experience of delivering machine development programmes to market
- Excellent project management skills
- Industries: textiles, chemicals, foodstuffs, paper/packaging, electronics, automation
We offer a competitive salary and profit bonus including a benefits package of 25 days annual leave, private medical insurance and pension fund contributions.
Please send your application including a CV and covering letter to Penny Martin firstname.lastname@example.org