Job Vacancy – Electrical Engineer
Alchemie is a fast-growing, ambitious company delivering unique clean-tech products to the textile industry and we are looking to recruit a driven and proactive Electrical Engineer to join our rapidly growing team based in Cambridge.
At Alchemie, our vision is a world with zero pollution from textile dyeing and finishing, delivered through the implementation of our breakthrough digital technologies.
The textile industry is the world’s 2nd largest contributor to water pollution and accounts for 10% of the world’s carbon dioxide emissions.
We seek candidates who can help us to deliver the full potential of our clean-tech textile manufacturing systems and have the desire to solve one of the most important environmental issues on the planet today.
We are looking for people who are:
- Smart-thinking individuals who inspire and create positive change
- Team players who are able to build strong working relationships across disciplines and with both internal and external stakeholders
- Innovators - going beyond conventional boundaries
- Committed and have the belief to deliver against high expectations
- People who go beyond the norm and have the desire to change the world
We are looking for the following technical skills, experience and capabilities:
- Qualified 17th / 18th edition electrician who has experience with machine wiring and assembly, fitting work for machine control system, particularly someone who has experience in special purpose machines. Some basic machine tool skills, cutting, welding drilling, tapping, and some basic machine understanding and pneumatics would be advantageous.
- Ability to work under own initiative and flexibility in the requirements for the daily work demands are essential requirements for this position as the machines to be assembled also required some internal work on plant removal and installation of other third party equipment.
- Someone with a natural interest in special purpose machines and general understanding of machine systems would suit this position well as many aspects of the work may require problem solving and desire to produce quality equipment.
Skills and experience:
- 5 years industrial experience in manufacturing or product development
- Industries: chemicals, foodstuffs, textiles, paper/packaging, electronic
We offer a competitive salary and profit bonus including a benefits package of 25 days annual leave, medical insurance and pension fund contributions.
Please send your application including a CV and covering letter to Penny Martin email@example.com